20 July 2012

what words?

Languages differ across the board, creating limitations on verbal communication around every corner. Even within one common language there exist different dialects that often lead to misunderstanding. Yet there is one language that can be spoken, heard, and felt universally... love. Once we learn to communicate with love, we will all be on the same page.

How do you speak what you feel in sensible words? The art I have yet to master.
I know what I mean... I just wish you did.
Our speech sounds the same yet our languages are opposite polar extremes.
Soft tone to loud mouth.
You speak,
I SHOUT....
I'm sorry.
You know what I meant... it just didn't come out right.

I know you understand me. You just don't know it yet.
So until common verbiage surfaces, let us bask in what we do know.
You care. I care. And we've got a lifetime to grow.
At the end of the day, no one word can express
this soft
steady beat
that you've caused
in my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment