16 May 2010

One Way

One of my favorite Wiz songs, mainly because it conveys a lot of what I feel when it comes to pursuing my dreams.



"Mind in the gutter, you niggas ain't in my lane."
I'm on a whole different level from y'all. If anyone could take a look in my mind, they wouldn't be able to understand, retain, or handle what they witness. There's not enough weed in the world.

"This is not the life I chose, but it's the life that chose me."
I can't help who I am, or the cards that I was dealt. But what i can control is how I play my hand. I'm not sure about the rest of y'all , but since I'm stuck here until death, I'm gonna live to the fullest.

"I'm just flyin'. Haters tryna clip my wings though."
They scared to just LET ME DO ME. People see me living it up and can't stand to see me happy. They scared to see me succeed. They scared of my potential. Family wants me to have a 9 to 5. No sir. Not for me. I'm stuck in a creatively controlled environment. Fuck a desk job.

"I don't know where this road will go, cuz my life is crazy. And I ain't changing, baby."
I have no idea where I'll be in 10 years, but I know where I want to be. I'm on the road to making a dream a reality... to making a vision something tangible. No approval is needed. I refuse to conform.

"I found my lane and I won't change for nothin'.. it's only one way to go."
And that's UP.

No comments:

Post a Comment