09 April 2010

Nike + Tiger

Through this whole drama-filled time period since Tiger Wood's accident, I have stood firmly in my opinion that he is a human being, just like us all, who makes mistakes. What he did in the past does not define him as a person. Though I'm pretty sure the motives were profit-related, I respect Nike for being one of the only of his sponsors to stick with him through everything.

In this new ad, there is no color and the voice of Tiger's father Earl speaks to him. It takes us into the personal trials that the golf star faced while in sex rehab, having to find the courage and humility within himself to open up about his addiction. I'm not sure that this will be an effective means of showing remorse to a merciless, judgmental America, but it is a damn good attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment