06 March 2010

Bring Back Quality Cartoons!

So this morning I had a Wake-n-Bake session with a couple of my suitemates. We were burnin' in Steph's room, who's probably weirder than me, so of course she had the tv locked in to Nickelodeon. We were gettin' high watching Spongebob, giggling here and there. The next show to come on was entitled "Fanboy & Chum Chum"??.... what the hell. I watched a few minutes of it, and it started to blow me. It's a stupid cartoons about stupid little kids that wanna be stupid superheros and do stupid things... did I mention it was STUPID!? We then starting talking about the extinction of good quality cartoons, the ones we grew up on. Hey Arnold, Doug, The Jetsons, The Flinstones, Rugrats, As Told by Ginger, Rocko's Modern Life, even the original episodes of Spongebob! These were the shows that were not only entertaining, but also taught us something; each episode had a moral. I feel sorry for our younger siblings, who are growing up watching crap ass cartoons like this Fanboy & Chum Chum nonsense! All my little brother does is sit around and watch dumb cartoons that I've never heard of, and he thinks they're the best thing ever. Too bad none of these shows teach him valuable lessons. They fill his head with a bunch of shit, and that's exactly why he's in 2nd grade and can barely read! It kills me to see the effects of media on the younger ones around me. We think it's hard for us now, but they don't stand a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment