07 July 2010

The Bra Theory

So many people ask me what's my beef with bras... here I shall address it.

Brassieres, more commonly known as bras, are the device women use to cover, lift, and support their breasts. I personally have lost the desire to wear them and have grown to resent them. A while ago I had a trial period to see how going bra-less felt.. and I loved it! My barely-Bcup boobies enjoyed the freedom from the restraint that many women use as a crutch. I think we too heavily depend on them to make our breasts look "better" or perkier or even bigger. But to each her own.

Breasts are beautiful, so why cover them? I have decided that from now on I will not wear bras on a daily basis for the simple fact that I don't need to. My boobs are beautiful in their natural form and I won't constrain them just to make them look like something that they're not. Living in a society full of conformists, my ways seem unconventional to most. The photo of me burning my bra is metaphorically freedom of expression. It represents breaking the the limitations of societal standards on the way we act, talk, dress... how we live.

I am a counter-culture, and I embrace it proudly and whole-heartedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment